Two factors gave birth to this cute recipe: I received green apples that looked at me questioningly, and I came back from the supermarket with beautiful and fragrant nectarines, which I didn’t have the heart to leave behind.
We already have a selection of fruit recipes on the blog: Apple Cake Topped With Vegan Sour Cream, Apple Tart With Pastry Cream, Nectarine Pie, and recently added – a Nectarine Flan; it was just natural to try a different direction.
I didn’t have to think twice: puff pastry pockets! Some filled with apples and some with nectarines.
We have here a super easy recipe – using puff pastry squares.
Serve warm with or without vanilla ice cream – and enjoy in any weather.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out😋❣️
20 Apple Pockets
- 20 squares of puff pastry measuring 9 cm by 10 cm (3.5-Inch by 3.9-Inch)
- 200 gram Nectarines, peaches -or apricots cut into small cubes of 1 cm (0.4-Inches) no need to cook
- 3-4 Tablespoon sugar by taste
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pinch salt
- 1 Tablespoon water add gradually, if necessary
- Pam oil for spraying
- powdered sugar
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius – 374 F
- Put the apples in a small saucepan, and add sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, and ground ginger. Cook on low heat for about 2 minutes; add a tablespoon of water if necessary; cook until the apples are soft (not too soft). Remove from the heat.
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl: fruit, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and salt.
- Spread baking paper on a work surface and place the puff pastry squares on it.
- Fill the remaining ten squares with the apple filling: put a tablespoon of the filling in the middle of half of each square.
- Fill the remaining ten squares with the nectarine filling: put a tablespoon of the filling in the middle of half of each square.
- Moisten the edges of the squares with water, fold in half, and press the edges with a fork.
- Transfer the pockets to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Make several holes in the pockets with a fork to release the steam.
- Spray with Pam oil – for browning.
- Put in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve. You can accompany the pie pockets with vanilla ice cream.