Quick, crispy, low fat, and so delicious!
It’s quite challenging to refuse crispy and warm chips! It takes a very strong character not to reach out to them automatically.
They didn’t become part of the Hummus-Chips-Salad trinity in our Israeli Pita for nothing.
I recently bought Ninja Grill. What can I tell you – a revolution in the kitchen? Although I’m still learning this device, it already produces great dishes.
These chips are delicious without the aftertaste of sin or compromise.
You can make these chips without oil; They will still be crispy, brown, and delicious. But a small addition will upgrade the dish to perfection.
And now for the trick that makes these homefries crispy- it’s all about the coating: dilute cornstarch with water and put in the microwave until it becomes creamy; add a little olive oil, salt, and paprika and mix well. Next, add the mixture to the potato slices and stir until they are completely coated.
Put in the air fryer for ten to fifteen minutes.
The result is brown chips, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They will be gone in the blink of an eye.
If you don’t have an air fryer – don’t worry; you can achieve a similar result in the oven according to excellent America’s Test Kitchen Recipe from which I got the inspiration for this recipe.
Enjoy, and let me know how it turned out😋❣️
- Turn on the air fryer for 220 degrees C (428 F) for 10 minutes
- Cut lengthwise, slice into sticks a little more than half a cm wide, and place in a medium bowl to make it easy to mix.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl and put in the microwave on high power for a minute; stop and mix, and if necessary, return to the microwave for a few more seconds – until you get a smooth cream not too thick. You can thin it with water if it turns out too thick.
- Remove from the microwave, add oil, salt, sweet paprika, and chili powder, and mix well.
- Add the mixture to the bowl with the potatoes and mix with your hands until all the potatoes are covered.
- Transfer to the frying basket: arrange the slices so that they do not touch each other * (note at the end), and put in the air fryer.
- After about seven minutes, check with tongs the degree of browning: turn one or two chips and check if the bottom is nicely browned; Turn the chips over and continue frying for another five to seven minutes until the chips are nicely browned on all sides.
- Remove from the device, immediately sprinkle more salt to taste, and serve with mayonnaise, ketchup, or your favorite sauces.
- Inspired by America's Test Kitchen recipe