Making sugar powder at home with real vanilla beans is simple – but upgrades your dishes to the next level! In total, you need white sugar (or cane sugar), cornstarch, and tapioca starch, to absorb moisture and prevent the crystallization of sugar and 1-2 whole vanilla beans. Grind the sugar in a coffee grinder or one of Ninja cups – and that’s It! Let’s Get started:
- Place the sugar, cornstarch, and tapioca flour in the grinder.
- Cut the vanilla into small pieces about 1 cm long and add to the sugar.
- Process for a few minutes until it becomes a powder.
- Store in an airtight jar.
- Please note: If you use the blender’s cup, avoid over-processing for more than 20 seconds. The encounter of the sugar with the intense heat creates friction and may melt the lid with the blade. Do this in two or three cycles to be on the safe side.