Filled with blueberry jam
“Your mom can make this easily!” a friend told my son when they enjoyed vegan blueberry muffins at the PRET Coffee Chain in London.
There is nothing like a pat on the ego to challenge me 🤣
A quick search revealed several recipes for blueberry muffins filled with blueberry jam.
The recipe that caught my attention was that of a company for baking products. From that point, veganizing the recipe was quite easy.
I sifted flour and baking powder into a bowl; In a separate bowl, I mixed sugar, almond butter, and olive oil, added vanilla, plant-based milk, and blueberries, and mixed well. Next, I combined the batter with the flour mix, baked it until golden, cooled it slightly, and injected a generous amount of blueberry jam.
On taste-test, Gad and the guys testified with full mouths that I reached the goal and did not leave a crumb!
- 2 cups white spelt flour or white all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 Tablespoon almond butter
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk or soy milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries about 140 grams (5 Oz)
- 150 gram blueberry jam not confiture!
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (356 F).
- Line a muffin mold with paper or silicone cuffs and grease them with a brush – make sure to oil the bottom well.
- Sift flour with salt and baking powder into a bowl, mix and set aside.
- Mix sugar and almond butter in a separate bowl, add olive oil and mix well until you get a smooth batter. Next, add vanilla extract and milk; Add blueberries and mix.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the batter and mix just until combined.
- Divide evenly into the muffin sockets; Make sure there are blueberries in each unit, and flatten gently with a spoon or spatula. Bake in the second lower level of the oven for about 40 minutes, until golden and a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for ten minutes in the pan; inject blueberry jam generously while still in the pan.
- Remove from the mold with the cuffs and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- This blueberry recipe is based on this recipe.
Leave a Reply