Want to upgrade any dish? Add blueberries! Fresh, frozen, dried, or canned. Add them to sauces, cakes, desserts, and even mains. This fruit has a unique charm; its deep color and the creamy texture after cooking are reasons why this fruit wins hearts and palates.
This time we upgrade the traditional cheese blintzes with blueberry sauce:
Start by making vegan crepes; next, prepare the blueberry sauce. Spread a cheese mixture consisting of soy spread, sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon on the blintzes, pour a tablespoon or two of blueberry sauce in the center, roll and sprinkle more blueberry sauce on top. So easy and yet delicious!
Enjoy, and let me know how it turned out 😋❣️
Let's upgrade the traditional cheese blintzes with blueberry sauce:Start by making vegan crepes; next, prepare the blueberry sauce. Spread a cheese mixture consisting of soy spread, sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon on the blintzes, pour a tablespoon or two of blueberry sauce in the center, roll and sprinkle more blueberry sauce on top. So easy and yet delicious!
about 6-10 units
- 250 gram white spelt flour or all purpose flour two cups and 1.5 Tablespoons
- 2⅓ cups water
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 300 gram frozen blueberries about 2 cups
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar or granulated sugar
- 1-1½ tsp corn starch depends on desired consistency
- 1 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoons vegan butter optional
- 250 gram soy, cashews, or almonds cream cheese
- 2-3 Tablespoons Powdered sugar or granulated sugar by taste
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp lemon zest optional, by taste
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and process until combined. The mixture should be slightly thick but still runny. If too thick, gradually add water.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and set aside for half an hour at room temperature.
- Heat a high-quality non-stick pan; no need to grease the pan.
- Pour ⅓-½ cup of the batter into the center of the hot pan. Tilt the pan a little to distribute the batter evenly. Fry until it starts to brown. There is no need to flip the crepes. Transfer to a plate and fry the rest of the crepes. Wrap in a plastic film or a towel to keep warm.
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-low heat.
- Cook until the blueberries start to break down – about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Mix vegan cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Spread a tablespoon or two of the cheese mixture on each crepe, leaving clean edges.
- Put a tablespoon of the blueberry sauce along the center of the blintzes and roll.
- pour more blueberry sauce and serve.
?Did you try this recipeMention @VGFoodStory or tag #vgfoodstory
Leave a Reply