Only Six Ingredients
This unique ice cream has several advantages: fewer ingredients, more vanilla, and more lecithin, which creates a creamier texture.
It’s easy to make: heat coconut milk with sugar and salt, scrape in vanilla seeds, add coconut oil and lecithin, blend, cool, transfer to an ice cream machine and freeze.
Take it out of the freezer just a few minutes before serving: it is soft and creamy with a delicious vanilla flavor.
A serving suggestion: scoop it on a waffle, and drizzle hot chocolate sauce.
Serve it as is or upgrade a dessert with it.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out😋❣️
- Put the ice cream bowl in the freezer for at least 24 hours.
- The ice cream mixture must be very cold when placed in the ice cream machine.
- Heat coconut milk, sugar, salt and vanilla sticks in a small saucepan until the sugar melts. Remove from the heat.
- Take out the vanilla pods, open them lengthwise with a small, sharp knife, take out the seeds with a small spoon and add them to the pot. Add coconut oil and liquid lecithin and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and process for about twenty seconds. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for several hours, preferably overnight. The mixture must be very cold.
- Transfer the mixture to the ice cream machine. Run for about half an hour until the mixture thickens.
- Transfer to a sealed container and place in the freezer.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer a few minutes before serving; you can drizzle hot chocolate sauce on top (recipe in notes).