We’re amid the nectarine season; an abundance of fruit is waiting for us at the stands, begging us to do something with it.
Another refreshing way to enjoy the fragrant nectarines is to make a flan that goes well with the hot and humid weather: cook nectarines in syrup, strain, and process with coconut milk; cook the syrup with agar powder, combine and pour into dessert glasses; let cool, garnish with seasonal fruits and a mint leaf and enjoy.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out😋❣️
- black /green grapes, blueberry, Lychee, mint leaves
- Put water, sugar, salt, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cut the nectarines into small cubes of about 1 cm and immediately add them to the boiling syrup in the pot. Bring to a boil again, lower the heat, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes until the nectarines are soft. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Strain, transfer the nectarines to a blender, and return the liquids to the pot.
- Process the nectarines in a blender until smooth.
- Add coconut milk and process until combined. Set aside.
- Add the agar agar powder to the syrup in the pot, bring to a boil and cook for about another minute until it thickens a little.
- Transfer to a blender and process at high speed until combined. Taste and add agave or lemon juice if necessary and process for a few more seconds.
- Pour into dessert glasses, cool to room temperature, and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Garnish with mint leaves and seasonal fruits such as black grapes, white grapes, lychees, or blueberries