This recipe is easy to prepare: grate potatoes in a food processor, squeeze well to remove liquids, add spices, oil, and almond butter and bake until crispy and golden brown.
Cook bell peppers in the microwave. Meanwhile, prepare tofu cream with almond butter and spices.
Spread the cream on the baked crust, cut the peppers into strips, and place on the tofu cream; brush the bell peppers with olive oil and sprinkle rosemary salt on top.
Return to the oven and bake until the tofu cream sets. Take out and let cool on a wire rack.
Enjoy, and let me know how it turned out😋❣
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- olive oil for brushing
- rosemary salt
- scallion, or chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius – 356 F,
- Grease the tart pan
- Clean and rinse the potato – Do not peel
- Grate in a food processor – on a disc with larger holes.
- Squeeze out as much liquid as possible, transfer the drained potatoes to a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well; Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Line the pan – base, and sides. Place in the center of the oven and bake for about forty minutes until golden brown; Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Wash the peppers, cut them lengthwise, and clean them of seeds. Place in a microwave and cook for 6-10 minutes until the peppers soften. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Cool the peppers, cut each half lengthwise into four equal strips, and set aside.
- Drain the tofu, cut into large cubes, and put in a food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth and homogeneous. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Spread the cream on the cooled potato crust.
- Place the pepper strips on top, spray or brush with olive oil and sprinkle rosemary salt.
- Return to the oven and bake for about half an hour until the tofu cream sets, the edges of the potatoes are brown, and the peppers are very soft.
- Take out, cool on a wire rack for at least an hour, preferably two hours, to allow the quiche to set.
- Sprinkle chopped chives or scallion and serve.