Those who follow the blog must have noticed that sometimes the recipes revolve around one topic. Take, for example, the Crème Brûlée that inspired me to make Crack Toffee Pie and Apple Tart In Crème Pâtissière or Ice Cream that stars quite a lot this summer.
But the noble pistachio tops them all! Starting with the Most Delicious Kebab, through Pistachio Sponge Cake With White Chocolate Ganache, Pasta Shells With Pistachio In Vegan Blue Cheese Sauce, and last but not least, Vegan Pistachio Crunch Popsicle.
And now, it’s time for delicate pistachio mousse. In this recipe, the ingredients do the job with minimum intervention. All you need is roasted pistachio butter (store-bought or homemade), coconut milk, cocoa butter, maple syrup, and whipped chickpea water. Place in the refrigerator for at least 10 hours, garnish with pink rose buds, white chocolate, or cocoa nibs and serve.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out 😋❣️
RECIPEVegan Pistachio Mousse
- roasted pistachio, chopped
- vegan white chocolate, shaved, chopped, or discs
- rose buds
- Put coconut milk, pistachio butter, maple syrup, and salt in a bowl.
- Melt the cocoa butter in the microwave: start for thirty seconds, remove, and if necessary, return to the microwave for another twenty seconds. Add to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour the cold chickpea water into a deep metal bowl and whisk for about ten minutes until you get a stable foam.
- Transfer a quarter of the amount of meringue and mix well with a whisk. It will increase the mixture's volume, making it easier to add the rest of the meringue. Next, carefully fold the remaining foam into the mixture with a spatula until combined.
- Transfer half of the amount to three ramekins or dessert cups.
- Add one teaspoon of roasted pistachio butter to each cup.
- Add the rest of the mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 10 hours.
- Garnish with roasted chopped pistachios, whipped coconut cream, vegan white chocolate, and rose buds.