Unbelievable, but the hysterical buzz we experience in Israel around Pistachio Crunch continues! Even the black market joined the party! Ohh, yes, you can also purchase it via Wolt. (How much is the delivery? Just asking 🙂
Some will say a genius marketing campaign of Nestle; some will say a sly tactic to increase demand and price.
And so, when I heard that the popsicle had reached a skyrocketing price of 100NIS, I was challenged to develop a homemade vegan version.
I found a non-vegan recipe created by artisan Hassi Segal, and I continued from there.
I spared you all the trial and error and included the tips and tricks I gained during this fun journey.
Disclosure: I had three experiments in total; The Pistachio Crunch was gone in a blink of an eye in the first two attempts.
However, it was vital to be precise in quantities, simplify techniques, and put extra care into visuals when posting.
Making this recipe is easy but requires preparation: before you start, make sure you have Magnum Molds, an oval mold to create the crunch, and popsicle sticks. In addition, make sure you have in your pantry: roasted pistachio butter, which is much tastier than the raw version (you can easily make it at home), liquid lecithin from sunflower seeds, and vegan white chocolate chips – they will serve you in countless recipes and will pay back the investment in no time.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out 😋❣️
- 40 gram vegan white chocolate chips
- 2 Ice cream waffle cones
- 30 gram Roasted peeled pistachio
- 3 Tablespoon Roasted pistachio butter
- pinch salt
Pistachio Ice Cream
- 2 cups Coconut milk 18% fat
- ½ cup sugar by taste
- 3 Tablespoon coco butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon liquid sunflower lecithin
- 4 Tablespoon roasted pistachio butter homemade recipe is in the notes
- ½-⅓ cup chopped pistachio
- 150 gram vegan white chocolate chips
- 6 Tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 4-5 Tablespoon roasted pistachio butter by taste and hue
- pinch salt
- Put the waffle cups and pistachios in a blender; Grind into coarse crumbs and transfer to a bowl.
- Melt white chocolate at 50-60% power in the microwave. Take it out after half a minute, and if the chocolate has not softened, put it back in the microwave for another half a minute until it softens. Mix well, add to a bowl, add pistachio butter and salt and mix well.
- Pour one tablespoon of the mixture into each hole in the oval silicone mold, flatten with wet fingers, and put in the refrigerator until the crunch hardens. See Image.
Pistachio Ice Cream
- Put coconut milk, sugar, salt and cocoa butter in a small saucepan and heat until the sugar and cocoa butter melt. Remove from the heat, cool for 2-3 minutes and transfer to a blender.
- Add vanilla extract, lecithin, and pistachio butter to the blender. Turn on the blender for a few seconds; Stop the blender operation and scrape the sides with a spatula; Process again until the mixture comes together.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover, and cool well in the refrigerator for several hours, preferably overnight, until the mixture thickens. Mix with a whisk. No need for an ice cream machine; the lecithin will give the ice cream a creamy texture.
- Spread three tablespoons of ice cream in each cavity of the magnum molds.
- Gently place the crunch in the center.
- Insert the sticks from the outside.
- Cover with the remaining ice cream and spread with a spatula.
- Put in the freezer until completely frozen – so you can dip in the coating safely.
- Spread baking paper on a work surface.
- Cut four pieces of baking paper in half to wrap the popsicles and set them aside.
- Put the chopped pistachios on a plate.
- Melt white chocolate, coconut oil, and salt in the microwave on high power for one minute, remove, and if necessary, return to the microwave for another half minute until the chocolate melts. Take out and mix well.
- Add pistachio butter according to your desired taste and shade and mix well.
- Transfer to a tall glass large enough to dip the popsicles in it.
- To extract the popsicles: peel off the silicone from the front side, push in the popsicle stick and take the popsicle out.
- Dip the popsicles in the flat plate with the pistachios, tighten a little, and turn and coat the other side.
- Dip the popsicles in the coating for two to three seconds until the ice cream is fully coated. If necessary, tilt the popsicle and the cup from side to side; Take out and leave a few seconds over the cup until it stops dripping.
- Place immediately on the baking paper until the coating hardens.
- Wrap each popsicle in baking paper, put it in a ziplock bag or in an airtight container, and freeze.
Leave a Reply