What a dessert! No matter what work day (or week) you go through, this blueberry tart will yield a big smile on your face or at least a sigh of relief 🙂
Allow yourself to relax in the armchair with a cup of coffee, a generous slice of this ‘blue-purple’ delight, topped with a scoop of ice cream.
The preparation is so simple; plus, you can prepare the dough in advance and freeze it!
Prepare the crust, divide it in half, and place it in the fridge for half an hour; Line a tart pan with the crust; mix blueberries, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, allspice, and cornstarch diluted with water, and place on top of the crust.
Roll out the other part of the dough, cut it into strips, and place it in a two-and-even shape on top of the filling.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out❣️
RECIPEVegan Blueberry Tart
- Turn on the oven at 180 degrees Celsius – 356 Fahrenheit.
- Place in a food processor: flour, butter, sugar, and salt. Add water gradually, and process until you get a ball of dough.
- Divide the dough into two parts in a ratio of 1/3 and 2/3. Wrap in cling film and place in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
- Remove the large part of the dough (2/3) from the refrigerator, and line a greased pan.
- Mix blueberries, maple or sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and allspice; add the cornstarch diluted in water and mix well. Place the filling on the dough in the pan.
- Remove the other dough from the refrigerator – roll out into a sheet about the size of the pan, and cut into strips about 1-inch wide.
- Place the strips on the filling: create a shape of two-and-even (as in the picture); If necessary, stretch them slightly, and press the ends of the straps to the edges.
- Spray the strips of dough with Pam oil spray.
- Place in the oven, and bake until golden for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool on a wire rack.