I like Indian food; the two times I was in North India, I tried as many dishes as possible. But for some reason, I rarely had the chance to cook Indian at home; until recently, my Indian folder was almost empty.
Since I have no plans to travel to India soon, and since there is a blog that I have to feed, the time has come to take care of the matter.
We already have on the blog the Tour Dahl In Lemon, Potatoes With Cumin Seeds And Pickled Lemon, and the excellent Sweet Potato And Amaranth Patties. But, since I was craving a rich curry sauce like Malai Kofta and Matar Paneer, I created a recipe based on all three.
On the other hand, I had vegan meatballs in sauce in mind – so I decided to go on fusion – I replaced the kofta with plant-based Meatballs, which yielded an excellent result❣️
You get the smooth sauce after processing it in a blender. This step is highly recommended, but those in a hurry can skip it.
For serving, sprinkle fresh cilantro; If you are bold and not afraid of the Indian gods, you may also sprinkle chopped toasted peanuts. Serve with white rice – jasmine or basmati and have remorse that there is nothing left for tomorrow.
Enjoy every bite, and let me know how it went😋❣️
- 2 Tablespoon mild oil canola, etc. .
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds black or yellow
- ½ tsp coriander seeds optional
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3-5 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- ½ green chili, chopped optional, by taste
- 150 gram chopped tomatoes a little less than a cup
- 1-2 Tablespoon ketchup by taste
- 1.5 cups boiling water
- ½ cup Coconut milk 18% fat
- 2 Tablespoon curry powder
- ⅛ tsp ground cardamom optional
- ¼ tsp fenugreek powder optional
- salt by taste
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 340 gram plant-based ground meat such as beyond
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter or tahini
- 1 Tablespoon mild oil such as canola
- ⅛ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- fresh cilantro
- chopped roasted peanuts optional
- white rice
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over low heat, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and coriander seeds, and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, and green chili. Fry for a few minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add tomatoes, ketchup, and boiling water and cook for five minutes on a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender and grind until it becomes smooth
- Return the sauce to the pan, add coconut milk, salt, curry powder, cardamom, and fenugreek, and taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Bring to a boil and reduce to a small-medium heat. Cook for a minute or two; add a little water if necessary.
- Mix all the ingredients well in a bowl; make balls the size of a ping pong and carefully add them to the sauce.
- Bring to a boil, and lower the heat until the sauce bubbles gently. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes. After five minutes, carefully turn the meatballs with a spoon and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Drain the peas and sprinkle them over the sauce.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro and roasted peanuts; Serve with White Rice
Leave a Reply