This recipe has served me faithfully for many years
It is so easy to make. You can make it quickly while preparing the main course or as a meal by adding, tofu, green peas, corn, or carrots.
All you need is a microwave cooking pot (with a lid with vents), jasmine or basmati rice, boiling water, oil, salt, and fresh lemon juice (lemon juice is optional, but it contributes to the fluffy texture as well as the taste).
Rinse the rice well – until clean water without starch is obtained, add the boiling water and the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Close the pot with a lid (make sure the holes are open – to release the steam) and cook in the microwave on high power for 12 – 15 minutes, depending on the power of your microwave.
Open carefully (hot stem!), stir with two forks – ready!
Enjoy, and let me know how it turned out ❣️
- 1 cup Jasmine or basmati rice
- ¾1 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- toasted almonds or pine nuts
- Rinse the rice well until the water is clear without starch. Alternatively, you can soak the rice in cold water for about half an hour, rinse and strain.
- Put the rice in a microwave cooking pot (with a lid with holes).
- Add boiling water, salt, oil and lemon juice and mix well.
- Cover with the lid (make sure the holes stay open)
- 12-15 minutes in high power micro (depending on your microwave power).
- Open carefully (hot steam!), stir the rice with a fork or two. Transfer to a bowl and garnish with toasted almonds or pine nuts.
- You can add to the rice, along with the boiling water, a handful of frozen peas, corn, or carrots.
- For Indian-style rice, you can add one teaspoon of curry powder along with the boiling water.
- You can add to the prepared rice tofu cubes brushed in oil and seared on a pan.