Another recipe with Amaranth! This time: Chocolate and Amaranth balls!
I created this recipe from the leftover cooked Amaranth I made for Sweet Potato Patties.
I rolled the chocolate and amaranth balls in ground coconut, sifted cocoa powder, and colored candies – and that’s it!
These Chocolate And Amaranth balls are so delicious! Even the kids got excited about them, without the slightest suspicion that they contain healthy ingredients 😉 They even pleaded for more 😋
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out ❣️
18 – 20 balls
- Shredded coconut, Colored cake candies, sifted cocoa powder, or toasted hazelnuts finely chopped.
- Cook the Amaranth with the water: bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes until you get a thick and sticky mixture like oatmeal porridge. Transfer to a colander placed on a bowl, and set aside until the Amaranth has cooled completely. (You can prepare the Amaranth in advance and store it in the refrigerator).
- Melt the chocolate and cocoa butter in a microwave or double boiler. If melting in the microwave, do this in breaks: one minute, remove and mix and return for another half minute until it melts, mix again.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to a bowl, add the cooked amaranth, cornflake crumbs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix well, taste, and adjust sweetness if necessary.
- Form balls about 1.95 inches in diameter (5cm) roll the balls in shredded coconut, sifted cocoa powder, colored candies, or roasted and ground hazelnuts, place in cuffs, transfer the chocolate, and amaranth balls to an airtight container, and keep in the refrigerator.