I’ve had two stormy weeks: the flu and a tooth transplant (yes, I, too, joined the transplant club🤣), a combination of events that pretty much neutralized me. However, a short struggle made it clear to me that sometimes you must stop everything and rest!
This wonderful banana cake has faithfully accompanied me for many years in its non-vegan version.
Veganizing the dish was easy (a piece of cake lol): the banana serves as an excellent binder and eliminates the need for eggs or their substitutes!
And if you wondered why this cake is named “bread,” it is probably thanks to its crispy crust and mild sweetness.
You have to be a banana hater not to love this cake – everyone is crazy about it – children and adults alike.
Adding raisins and nuts (walnuts or pecans) enriches the cake even more, but this vegan banana bread is excellent without any additions. This banana cake keeps well for about a week without changing taste or texture.
Another way to enjoy the cake is to toast a slice and spread cashew butter and jam. Serve the banana bread with a warm drink – and you get a great treat.
Enjoy every bite, and let me know how it turned out 😋❣️
- 100 gram vegan butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 270 grams – 9.6 Oz
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups white spelt flour or all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup Coconut milk 18% fat
- ⅓ cup raisins, goji berries, or golden berries optional
- ⅓ cup walnuts or pecans, chopped optional
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 Fahrenheit).
- Grease a 22 cm x 10 cm mold (8.6-Inches X 3.9-Inches).
- Mix butter with sugar; You can knead the ingredients with your hands until combined. Add mashed bananas and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Sift flour with baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a deep bowl; Mix with a fork or whisk.
- Add flour and milk to the banana mixture alternately while mixing; Mix just until combined. Avoid overmixing.
- At this point, you can fold in the nuts and raisins if desired.
- Put in the oven, on the second lower level, and bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and dry.
- Cool to room temperature before removing from the pan.