Indian Spice Mix
Like any spice blend, Curry Powder also has countless versions. However, when you make it at home, you control the ingredients that go into the jar, their quality, and the price.
Add it to veggies, dahl, curry dishes, soups sauce, pies, etc.
Feel free to add or omit ingredients according to your liking.
Making curry powder at home is easy: it's cost-effective, and you control the quality and the ratios. Feel free to add or omit ingredients according to your taste.
Makes about 10 Tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 1½ Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon ground fenugreek
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp garlic powder optional
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground caraway optional
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground fennel optional
- Put all the spices in a jar with a tight lid. Close and shake well. Keep in a shady place.
?Did you try this recipeMention @VGFoodStory or tag #vgfoodstory
Leave a Reply