There is nothing like creamy corn soup to warm and fill the stomach. This excellent soup is served to you with a delightful twist.
This classic soup gets a refreshing twist. It’s Easy to make, with a delicious result!
Saute onion, leek, and celery; add water, corn kernels, curry powder, salt, and pepper, bring to a boil, and cook for ten minutes.
Add coconut milk and cook a little more; taste, adjust seasoning, and grind with a stick blender.
Pour into bowls, add corn kernels, or slices of boiled corn, sprinkle with chopped chives and chili flakes, and serve.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out 🌽🌽🌽😋❣️
This classic soup gets a twist with curry powder and coconut milk; Easy to make, nutritious and delicious. Serve as a starter or a light meal. 🌽🌽🌽😋❣️
- 2 Tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ leek, white part only, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 800 gram corn kernels, frozen or fresh
- 4 cup water
- ½ Tablespoon tapioca starch diluted in 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tsp organic vegetable powder optional
- 1-½ Tablespoon curry powder by taste
- salt, pepper by taste
- 1 cup Coconut milk 18% fat
- chopped chives
- Chili flakes
- Boiled corn (kernels or slices)
- Heat oil, add onion, leek, and celery, and saute for about three minutes, add minced garlic and saute for a few more seconds.
- Add water, tapioca, vegetable powder, curry powder, salt, and pepper, and stir.
- Add the corn, stir and bring to a boil; lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes; add coconut milk and stir; if too thick, add water gradually; Cook for another five minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Remove from heat, if desired, and set aside a cup of boiled corn kernel for garnishing; Grind the soup in a pot with a stick blender.
- Pour the soup into bowls and sprinkle with chopped chives, chili flakes, corn kernels, or a "corn wheel" (a slice of cooked corn cob as in the picture).
?Did you try this recipeMention @VGFoodStory or tag #vgfoodstory
Leave a Reply