Watch a Demonstration Video Below
A rich and smooth sauce that is very close in taste to an actual egg yolk. The sauce is quick to prepare, made up of available ingredients, and serves as a base for many dishes such as Vegan Fried Egg, Shakshuka, Fettuccine, Spaghetti Carbonara, Creme Brulee, Roccott Crumply, and so much more.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Add nutritional yeast, cornstarch, xanthan gum, turmeric, paprika, and mix.
- Increase to medium heat; add water and milk gradually, stirring constantly. Cook until the mixture thickens slightly. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- At this point, you can add Annatto oil extract to deepen the color. Add it gradually, while stirring, until you get the desired color. Cool for a few minutes, then add the black salt and mix well.
- The yolk sauce keeps in the fridge for about a week.
- Recipe adapted from The Non-Dairy Evolution Cookbook, by Skye M. Conroy.