A crazy combination that explodes in your mouth
You don’t always have to work hard to create an amazing recipe; Sometimes, it only takes a moment of inspiration.
After discovering the puff pastry squares, and a log of vegan goat cheese, I got nectarine for a reasonable price, and a new recipe was born!
The recipe whispered in my ear to add olive oil and salt. I lifted the glove and added chili flakes, cardamom, and ginger. The noble pistachios did not want to be left behind and joined the project.
Twenty minutes in the oven, a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream – one bite and you are enchanted😋❣️
- 4 squares puff pastry, half defrost size of 9cm by 10cm (3.5-Inch by 3.9-Inch)
- 4 slices vegan goat cheese style Such as this
- 1 Nectarine, slightly ripe
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- pinch salt
- pinch Chili flakes
- pinch ground cardamom
- pinch ground ginger
- 1-2 Tablespoon Pistachios, toasted, salted and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (392 F)
- Using a knife, make shallow cuts in each puff pastry square at less than a cm (0.4-inch) from the edges – see image.
- Crumble the goat cheese (a slice per square) and spread evenly on each puff pastry square, making sure not to leave the frame we created earlier with the knife.
- Cut the nectarine with a knife, remove the pit, slice it into thin slices, and immediately brush the slices with lemon juice to prevent blackening. Brush with olive oil.
- Arrange six slices on each square, three on each side, so they slightly overlap each other.
- Mix sugar, chili, salt, ginger, and ground cardamom in a small bowl and sprinkle over the nectarines; sprinkle chopped pistachios on top.
- Brush or spray everything with olive oil. Spray the edges with olive oil as well.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper in the center of the oven and bake for about 20 minutes until the puff pastry rises and the nectarines are golden.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top; take a bite and open big eyes :)😋❣️