Many years ago, I visited Istanbul and was fascinated by the amazing Turkish cuisine.
In Istanbul, I discovered Turkish shawarma; I was enthusiastic about a chicken stew/pastry in tomato sauce baked with a dough “lid” and served with yogurt. But the jewel in the crown was the Lahamcun, the Turkish pizza: Dough baked with a thin layer of minced lamb on top.
Since we have high-quality alternatives to minced meat, it’s time to veganize this excellent dish.
The preparation is easy: spread thin, chilled pizza dough on a floured wooden board, spread on top a mixture of veggie and minced meat, such as beyond, and bake in the oven on a hot pizza stone. Serve with tahini sauce, or vegan yogurt seasoned with garlic and olive oil.
Enjoy, and let me know how it turned out😋❣️
- 460 gram store-bought chilled rolled pizza dough
- 1 red bell pepper, cleaned and cut into 4-5 pieces
- 1 medium onion peeled and cut into four
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup parsley leaves
- 300 gram vegan minced meat, such as beyond
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon tomato paste
- Tahini Dressing (raw tahini, lemon juice, minced garlic, water)
- Vegan yogurt mixed with minced garlic and olive oil
- Lemon wedge
- Put the pizza stone in the oven, on the lowest level. .
- Heat the oven to 250-270 degrees Celsius (482 – 525 F). The hotter, the better. (in some ovens, the highest temperature is 250 degrees Celsius (482 F)
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, parsley, and pepper. You can use a food processor. Take out and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the vegan minced meat, tomato paste, olive oil, and the seasoning mixture to the bowl and mix well.
- Flour a large wooden board or a pizza peel wood
- Open the pizza dough and flour the top part of the dough well. Then, turn the dough on the floured Pizza Peel Wood so the sheet of paper faces up.
- Important: shake the wooden board back and forth to make sure that the dough slides freely on it; Otherwise – turn the dough back onto the work surface and flour the wooden board and the dough with more flour. Remove the paper.
- Spread the mixture evenly, leaving a clean margin about 1 cm (0.4-Inch) wide.
- Slide on the stone and bake for about 10 minutes until the edges of the dough are nicely golden-brown.
- Cut into four portions and serve with lemon wedges, tahini sauce, or vegan yogurt mixed with minced garlic, olive oil, and parsley leaves.