So in these crazy days, it’s not possible to sail to the Caribbean; But you can definitely bring the Caribbean to your kitchen 🙂
The favorite cocktail is converted to a shortcake: shredded coconut, coconut milk, pure pineapple juice, pineapple slices, Rum – and you instantly find yourself on the deck of a yacht with a tropical beach in the background!
Speaking of cruises – maybe it’s time to stop and think about what’s behind the scenes of this glittering experience? Or what is the actual cost of “pleasure cruises”?
Just as we refrain from eating animal products – partly because of the monstrous industry behind them; Humans also belong to the animal kingdom – so why enjoy at the expense of someone else’s suffering?
It is possible to have pleasure without causing suffering to people. Real joy is often derived by bringing happiness to others! (For example, I would enjoy if I knew you liked this recipe 😉
Some food for thought ☺️
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out ❤️
- 4 slices canned pineapple in light syrup
- ½ tbsp white Rum
- ½ tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Line a 19-20 cm pan with a baking sheet. You can cut the corners of the paper outside the pan.
- Grease the pan (baking paper and sides) with some vegan butter or melted coconut oil.
- Arrange the pineapple slices over the base of the pan.
- Sift the flour into a medium-deep bowl, add the rest of the dry ingredients, and mix.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until the mixture is uniform.
- Immediately transfer the batter to the pan and bake in the center of the oven for about 45-50 minutes – until a toothpick comes out clean and dry.Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix maple syrup and rum.
- While the cake is still warm – prick a few holes in the cake with a fork or a wooden skewer.
- Brush the syrup over the cake and control yourself until the cake has cooled to room temperature 🙂
- Release the spring of the pan, take out the cake and turn it over on a serving plate so that the side with the pineapple slices facing up; Remove the baking paper and enjoy 🙂