Soft, fluffy, scented, with perfect texture!
Your ultimate vegan honey cake! It’s enhanced with spices, date syrup, and coffee that add taste and color.
This vegan honey cake is easy to make. You can’t fail with the recipe if you follow the instructions.
Whether you like a brunette honey cake or a ginger-colored one – this cake is for you! Feel free to play with the amount of coffee to get your favorite shade. You are also welcome to do experiments with the spices – anything goes.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out❣️
This vegan honey cake is scented with aromatic spices and enhanced with date syrup and coffee that give both taste and color. It is easy to make, soft, fluffy, with a perfect texture.
- 2 cups white spelt flour, or all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup white sugar or cane sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp allspice powder
- ⅛ tsp ground cardamom
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 Tablespoon granulated instant coffee powder or less, according to desired color and taste
- ½ Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened plant based milk
- ½ cup canola oil, or coconut oil, melted
- 113 gram apple sauce unsweetened sells in four cups package – use one unit
- ¼ cup date syrup or maple syrup / agave syrup
- 1 tsp rum flavor extract optional
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius – 338 F.
- Grease well a 22 cm x 10 cm (8-Inches X 4-Inches) English cake pan; If using a silicone mold – only light greasing is required.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix with a whisk; Set aside.
- Mix the boiling water with the coffee in a glass and pour it into another large bowl.
- Add oil, applesauce, date syrup, and rum-flavored extract.
- Mix the milk and vinegar in a small bowl and add it to the bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients bowl, add it gradually, and mix just until combined. Avoid overmixing.
- Transfer to a pan, place in the center of the oven, and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean and dry.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack while still in the pan.
?Did you try this recipeMention @VGFoodStory or tag #vgfoodstory
Leave a Reply