I’m not too fond of oranges As-Is; quite surprising because I like orange juice and am crazy about orange zest (in dark chocolate, fruit salad, drinks, stews, pastries).
Is it because they wet my fingers? Perhaps it’s the annoying seeds that hide in the segments? Maybe the blame lies on some repressed childhood memory? Who knows? 🙂
In any case, when it comes to a pastry consisting of freshly squeezed orange juice along with grated orange peel – it’s already a story of almost addiction.
In the years before veganism, I regularly prepared an elegant dessert that consisted of a slice of sponge-orange cake, topped with a fruit salad and a generous drizzle of Zabaglione cream. I miss that dessert; The thing is that creating a vegan version to this egg-rich dish looks incredibly challenging – so it may take a while Till I come out with vegan Zabaglione 🙂
But no worries! We have fragrant muffins with an addictive taste and a perfect texture!
Preparation is quick and easy: mix sifted spelled flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; Add the wet ingredients: orange juice, oil, and a generous amount of orange peel. Transfer to a muffin mold lined with cuffs, place in the hot oven, and the house fills up in minutes with an intoxicating perfume.
After making these muffins once – they will become part of your regular recipe collection!
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out ❣️
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. (338F)
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients: almond flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- Add to the bowl the wet ingredients: orange juice, water, oil, orange peel zest, vanilla extract, and almond extract; Stir until the mixture is combined.
- Transfer the batter to a muffin mold lined with cuffs (not less than a height of 3.5 cm – 1.37 inches).
- Bake 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and dry.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.