Since I am in the midst of my amaranth period, Combining this superfood in oatmeal cookies is natural! So why not add amaranth in several variations: amaranth flour and popped amaranth? *
We have here Energy and Health capsule: at the top stars superfood – the Amaranth, next is the nutritious oats, coconut sugar, almond butter, and chia seeds; Berries give a booster to the whole package with the added value of flavor. What more can we ask?
And the preparation? Piece of cake! Soak the berries in boiling water to soften them; Process Vegan Butter and Coconut sugar in a food processor. Next, add the rest of the ingredients and process until you get a sticky mixture.
Create small balls with wet hands; Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, Press the cookies gently with a fork, and place in the oven.
Hold back and wait patiently for the cookies to cool down completely (no compromise!), and there you have it: delicious, nutritious cookies with a crispy crust and soft and chewy contents.
One more benefit: one or two from our health cookies will suppress a rebellious craving for sweets!
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out ❣️
Makes about 40 cookies
- 1.5 cups oat
- 1 cup popped amaranth or popped rice
- ¼ cup amaranth flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 100 gram vegan butter, diced
- ¼ cup almond butter or tahini
- 2 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon dried blue berries
- 1 Tablespoon dried golden berries
- 1 Tablespoon Goji Berries
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 Tablespoon barries soaking wagter
- Put butter and coconut sugar in a food processor (Use the plastic blade, if possible); process for a few seconds to combine. Add oats, amaranth flour, popped amaranth, almond butter, chia seeds, salt, and spices.
- Drain the berries from the soaking water (do not spill the water). Add the fruit plus two tablespoons of the soaking water and continue to process until the mixture is combined and sticky. If necessary, add another tablespoon of water.
- With wet hands, form small balls about 3.5 cm (1.37 inch) in diameter; Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Keep a gap of about 3 cm and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Place in a preheated oven at 170 degrees Celsius (338 F).
- Bake for about 17 minutes until the cookies are slightly set and not sticky to the touch.
- Remove from the oven, place the cookies on a wire rack and let them cool completely. The cookies are crispy on the outside, soft, and chewy inside.
- Keep the cookies (which have cooled completely) in an airtight container.
- Do not spill the soaking water; Drink it! It’s delicious.
- You can cut the Golden Berry in half after soaking; They are puffy – one or two cookies may explode from all this goodness – I find it kind of cute, though 🙂
- It is essential to cool the cookies completely before storing them to keep the texture and freshness.