I have got poppy filling leftover from another project. Since I have been nostalgic lately, especially with Hungarian food, What could be more natural than using it in a Hungarian-style dessert?
Actually, why not? This is an easy dessert to prepare and yet festive and impressive.
Unlike the French crepes that maintain a slender look, the Hungarians prefer their Palacsinta ‘Al Dente’.
If you have a good non-stick pan, making the crepes is really easy.
Roll them with a filling made of poppy seed and separated coconut cream, drizzle chocolate sauce on top, and serve with sliced fruit such as strawberry or kiwi.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out❣️
6-10 crepes, depends on size
Poppy Seed Filling
- 45-50 gram dark chocolate, diced
- 2 Tablespoon refined coconut oil don't use cold press!
- pinch salt
- sliced fresh fruit such as: strawberries, kiwi.
Poppy Seed Filling
- Put in a small pot or cauldron of ground poppy seeds, water, and sugar; Cook over medium-high heat until water evaporates. Remove from the heat.
- Add vegan butter, mix well and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and run until you get a slightly thick mixture. If too thick, add a little water gradually.
- Transfer to a bowl and let the mixture rest for about half an hour at room temperature.
- Heat a non-stick pan of excellent quality. No need to grease the pan.
- Pour into the center of the hot pan ⅓-½ a cup of the batter. Slightly tilt the pan to evenly distribute the batter. Fry until it starts to brown in the bottom. There is no need to turn over the crepe. Transfer to a plate and fry the rest of the crepes. Wrap in cling film or a towel to keep warm.
- Place in a microwave chocolate dice, coconut oil, and salt. Cook for about a minute at an intensity of about 50%; Remove and mix until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add the separated cold coconut cream to the poppy seed filling and mix well.
- Place about a tablespoon of the filling on the edge of each crepe and roll.
- Place the Blinches on a serving plate drizzle with chocolate sauce; You can also drizzle chocolate sauce (generously) on the plate.
- Garnish with sliced fruit and serve.