I have already posted recipes for Pistachio Tart and Kebab With Pistachios. However, since I am in the midst of my green period, or pistachio period, to be precise, it’s time now for a Broccoli Quiche With Pistachios!
In this recipe, we add neither tofu nor cashews; in addition to great flavor and nutritional values, pistachios act as a binder together with almond butter or tahini.
Grind your favorite savory crackers In a food processor, add melted vegan butter and water, process until a dough is formed. Line a quiche pan with the dough.
Place pistachio and broccoli in the food processor, add almond butter (or tahini), fried onions, and spices; Transfer to the pan, bake for about 45 minutes.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out ❤️
- 200 gram your favorite savory crackers
- 75 gram melted vegan butter
- ½ cup water
- 1 Medium carrot cut into circles and cooked until softened Or a sweet potato, peeled and sliced sideways about half a centimeter thick; there is no need to cook the sweet potatoes in advance.
- 2-3 Tbsp raw pistachios chopped
- 1 Tbsp black sesame optional
- Lightly grease the pan – base, and sides.
- Grind the crackers in a food processor
- Transfer to a bowl, add melted vegan butter and water and knead until a dough is formed.
- Line the pan with the dough, base, and sides and place in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Fry the chopped onion in a bit of oil until softened and golden; Set aside.
- Place the pistachios in a food processor and chop them finely (as in the picture).
- Add the fried onion, broccoli, almond butter or tahini, nutritional yeast, vinegar, garlic powder, thyme, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; process until you get a slightly coarse spread; it does not have to be completely smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator, transfer the broccoli mixture to the pan and flatten with a spoon or spatula.
- Arrange the cooked carrot or sweet potato slices on top of the broccoli filling, and sprinkle with chopped pistachios and black sesame seeds.
- Place in the center of the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Serve with vegan yogurt or vegan sour cream.