I have been fantasizing about creating my version for tahini cookies for quite some time now. But for some reason, other recipes have always jumped to the top of the list.
Until one day, an acquaintance of mine, who is addicted to tahini cookies but is sensitive to lactose, accidentally bought tahini cookies with butter and got unpleasant symptoms.
I rolled up my sleeves and created a gluten-free recipe: I replaced the wheat flour with amaranth flour (have you tried the Sweet Potato And Amaranth Patties, or the Chocolate And Amaranth Balls?) almond flour, potato starch, and tapioca starch; I shaped cookies from the dough and sent them to the oven.
Fragrant cookies with a delicate tahini flavor emerged from the oven; I took a box to work – it was gone in a blink of an eye, and made another batch for my son and to my lactose-intolerant friend.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out ❣️
RECIPETahini Amaranth Almond Cookies – Vegan and Gluten-free
- preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (320 F)
- Line up a pan with a baking sheet
- combine all ingredients in a food processor or by hand
- Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for about 20 minutes. This step is not necessary but recommended because the dough will be more convenient to work.
- (a little more than one inch) make small balls about 2.5 – 3 cm in diameter
- Bake in the center of the oven for 15-17 minutes, just until the cookies are golden. Do not let them brown – browning will cause the tahini to lose its flavor.
- Remove the cookies from the oven; cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar through a fine sieve.
- Store in an airtight container.