We have a Confit Garlic And Cauliflower Soup on the blog in which the vegetable are roasted in the oven. A delicious soup for those who like the strong taste of roasted garlic. However, this soup is more delicate and easier to make. Fry garlic cloves from at least two bulbs(!) until slightly golden; sauté onions and cauliflower, add boiling water and cook until softened. Grind in a stick blender and season.
An excellent soup that has accompanied me for years; Only instead of cauliflower – I used potato.
Serve the soup as a light meal with some bread or a warming starter.
An old friend who tasted my soup said it was like medicine for the body – He meant a compliment 🙂 – because he hurried to hand me the empty plate to the refill.
Serve with chopped black olives, chives, croutons, and chili flakes. In my experience, most diners are not satisfied with
one round – this is a soup with a pronounced taste of “MORE” – so you should seriously consider doubling the quantities (you can always divide into portions and freeze).
This garlic cauliflower cream soup is elegant and comforting at the same time. It’s best to enjoy it when the heater is on, and the rain is pounding on the windows.
Enjoy, and let me know how it turned out ❣️
- 100 gram vegan butter
- 2 chopped onions
- garlic cloves of 2 bulbs
- 1 Cauliflower of medium size washed and separated into florets.
- 4-6 cups boiling water
- salt, ground black pepper, nutmeg
- Melt butter in a large saucepan
- Add garlic and fry just until golden
- Add the chopped onion and fry for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add the cauliflower florets and cook for two minutes while stirring.
- Add boiling water; Bring to a boil, cover, and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes or until the cauliflower softens.
- Grind the soup with a stick blender; Add more boiling water if necessary until the desired degree of thickness is obtained; Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
- Serve with chopped black olives, chopped chives, mini croutons, and chili flakes.