This wonderful cake is inspired by Bruno Albouze’s recipe.
The trick here is to work with two bowls.
In one bowl, prepare a vanilla batter, and in another bowl, prepare a chocolate batter.
You can’t miss with this cake as long as you follow the instructions.
Enjoy, and let me know how it turned out 😋❣
RECIPEVegan Marble Cake
- powdered sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius, 338 Fahrenheit
- Place the oven rack in the middle level.
- Grease and flour a 22cm x 10cm (8.6" x 4") baking mold.
- Vanilla batter: sift flour into a medium bowl, add baking powder and salt, and mix well.
- Add oil, sugar, almond butter, milk, and vanilla extract and mix well until combined.
- Chocolate batter: In another bowl, sift flour and cocoa powder, add baking powder and salt, and mix well.
- Add oil, sugar, almond butter, milk, rum, and vanilla extract and mix well until combined.
- Alternately transfer the batters to the mold: start with the vanilla layer in about half a cup, cover it with half a cup of the chocolate batter, repeat, and finish with the chocolate batter. (You will get four layers of vanilla and four layers of chocolate)
- Draw the number eight several times in the batter using a wooden skewer or spoon handle. Don't insert the skewer deep; only the top two layers.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Place the cake on a wire rack and cool it completely for several hours before removing it from the mold and slicing it. You can sprinkle a little powdered sugar on the cake.