So why am I uploading a recipe without an actual recipe?
Because of an ancient recipe – sauerkraut, with the hope that it will encourage you to make it at home, the traditional recipe itself is circulating on the net on many websites; in this post, I will offer a form of serving that is tempting and very delicious to me.
When you prepare sauerkraut at home in a pickling pot, traditionally, it yields premium probiotics that do our body a lot of good.
Sauerkraut is very popular in Central and Eastern European cuisine (Germany, Alsace, Austria, Poland), whether in a bun sold as street food, in Shukrut, or in many casserole dishes.
It’s worth investing in a pickling pot and a compression stick. You can get it at a reasonable price, especially if you compare it to probiotic capsules, whose price may skyrocket.
The pickling pot usually comes with a booklet of instructions and recipes for pickling cabbage and other vegetables. Also, there are lots of recipes online.
Simple instructions, easy preparation, plus – the “cooking” is performed by itself, or to be more precise – by probiotic bacteria.
I hope I’ve whetted your appetite and motivated you to make this excellent and healthy sandwich 🥬🌭
- 1 pretzel bun or any bun you prefer
- 1 vegan hotdog
- homemade Sauerkraut
- 1 Tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- Grill the sausage according to the instructions on the package. You can also grill it in a ninja grill.
- Meanwhile, cut the bun lengthwise, spread vegan mayonnaise, and add plenty of sauerkraut (as much as the bun can handle 🙂
- Place the grilled sausage on top, and add mustard.
- Close the bun, hold it with both hands so it doesn't get stolen, and enjoy.