Don’t be fooled by the innocent look of the photo! It’s a decadent dish!
This mouth-watering quiche will make you shed tears of joy. It’s insanely delicious.
So what have we got here: An easy-to-make bbq flavor quiche, which will upgrade any dinner; Pair it with a green salad and a glass of white wine, and you reach perfection. No less!
The inspiration for the recipe came from “The Kitchen with Joy” by Ruth Sirkis’ mythological cookbook – in which she created a kosher version of Quiche Lorraine – the famous classic Alsatian dish.
We start with a pre-baked crust, Sprinkle chopped BBQ Lays Chips, and vegan cheddar slices brushed with liquid smoke.
Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden, and let cool for about 15 minutes. Serve with white wine and green salad, and expect tears of joy❣️
- 100 gram vegan grated cheese
- 3-4 Tablespoon chopped spring onion or chives by tastes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius – 356 F.
- Grease the pan well.
- Place the flour, butter cubes, and salt in the food processor.
- Process and add water gradually until the dough rolls into a ball.
- Line the pan with dough – bottom and sides.
- Cover the base and sides with a baking paper, and fill the mold with ceramic weights, beans, or coarse salt (so that the dough does not swell)
- Bake for about 15 minutes until almost ready, remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all the sauce ingredients until the mixture is smooth without lumps of flour.
Assemble the Quiche
- Open the chips bag a little for the air to come out, then chop it with a kitchen hammer.
- Remove the baking paper and weights from the dough; Sprinkle the chopped chips evenly over the dough.
- Dip a brush into liquid smoke and brush the cheddar slices on both sides; Place the slices of cheese on the chips.
- Gently pour the cream sauce; Sprinkle over the batter – 2-3 tablespoons chopped green onion (you can save some for garnish); sprinkle grated vegan cheese and place in the oven.
- Bake at 180 C (356 F) in the center of the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for about 15 minutes, sprinkle chopped spring onions or chives, serve warm and enjoy❣️