Sweet potato and eggplant, yuba wings, chickpeas, and green beans, come together for a delicious meal. Pickled lemon and plenty of cilantro take this dish to the next level.
We start with a quick fry of the vegetables and add the yuba wings, pickled lemon, plenty of cilantro, and spices.
Add cooked chickpeas, green beans, and water, and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes. Serve with white rice, rejoice and refill.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out❣️
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes.
- ½ Medium eggplant cut into 1 cm cubes don't peel
- 100 gram Dried Yuba wings (bean curd) soaked in boiling water for about 5 minutes can be replaced with tofu or seitan
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can chickpeas, strained Use the chickpea water to make mayonnaise
- ½ cup cut green beans, frozen
- ¼-½ cup chopped cilantro by taste
- 3 Tablespoon preserved lemon
- ½ Tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp chili powder by taste
- salt by taste
- 1 green chili, chopped optional, by taste
- 1¼ cup water
- Drain the Yuba wings from the soaking water, rinse with cold water, strain and squeeze well. You can cut the Yuba wings in half.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat olive oil, add onion, and fry until translucent.
- Add crushed garlic and fry for a few seconds until it spreads a delicious smell.
- Add sweet potatoes and eggplant and fry for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the yuba wings and stir for a few minutes until the yuba is slightly golden.
- Add cilantro, pickled lemon, green pepper, and other spices, and fry for two minutes.
- Drain the chickpeas from the can and add to the stew. Add the green beans as well and mix.
- Add water, mix, taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and cook for 15 minutes, occasionally stirring, adding water gradually if necessary.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro, and serve with white rice.