So we already have a sporty, blue and white marble cake, which will adapt quickly to any culinary environment.
And now, ladies and gentlemen, I am honored to present the lady in blue and white: layers of vegan vanilla cake that embrace vanilla cream, white chocolate, and caramel.
On Israel Independence Day, We gave this elegant cake a particularly festive look. And the icing on the cake – this glowing blue color is derived from blue spirulina powder.
The icing is snow-white cream, decorated with edible Star of David ornaments. This blue and white cake will make a perfect dessert for any festive dinner.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out ❣️
- 2 cup white spelt flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200 gram vegan white chocolate chips
- ½ cup Coconut milk 18% fat
- 1 cup plant-based whipping cream unsweetened or mildly sweetened
- ½ cup un-sweetened plant based milk almond or soy
- 80 gram Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 12-15 drops vegan caramel flavoring extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1¼ – 1½ tsp blue spirulina powder* for the filling cream
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (320 F)
- Lightly spray the bottom of the silicone molds with oil.
- Sift the flour into a medium bowl, and add the rest of the dry ingredients: baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Mix with a whisk and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix water, oil, apple sauce, vanilla extract and butter-flavored extract.
- Mix the milk and vinegar in a small bowl and add the wet ingredients.
- Gradually add the dried mixture to the wet ones while stirring until combined.
- Place the silicone molds on a baking tray (to make it convenient to put in the oven).
- Divide the batter evenly into the three molds, about a cup and a quarter of batter for each mold
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Melt in the microwave white chocolate chips half a cup of coconut milk, mix well and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour milk and whipping cream into a deep bowl; add melted chocolate chips, vanilla pudding powder, salt, and caramel-flavored extract.
- Whip the mixture in a mixer for a few minutes until you get a firm cream.
- Set aside two cups of the cream and keep them in the refrigerator. We will use them for the icing.
- Add blue spirulina powder to the cream left in the bowl and mix well.
- Remove the cakes from the pans and place one cake on a serving plate.
- Spread half of the blue cream over the cake and cover with another cake, pressing the cake gently.
- Spread over the second cake the second half of the blue cream and cover with the third cake, pressing the cake gently.
- Take out the two cups of cream we kept in the fridge and coat the cake with the top and the sides.
- Place the large Star of David in the center of the cake (instructions attached below).
- Arrange the Star of David candies in two stripes next to the large Star of David as in the photo.
- Sprinkle Blue spirulina powder over the edges of the plate.
David Star Deco*
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave, remove them from the microwave and add spirulina powder according to the desired shade of blue (half a teaspoon to a teaspoon of powder) and mix well.Fill a squeeze-bottle lid with the melted chocolate. First, make sure the spout is facing down. Next, close the bottle on top of the lid. It is best not to put the melted chocolate directly into the bottle – because the chocolate hardens quite quickly and may get stuck in the bottle.Now, fill the David Star mold carefully. Wait a few minutes for the chocolate to harden and release from the pan.
- Although blue spirulina powder is expensive, it will keep in the fridge for a long time. It will be enough for many recipes, such as Blue Fairy Smoothie and other upcoming projects.
- You can replace the blue spirulina powder with natural blue food color.
- I used David Star deco for our independence day. you can use any decoration mold you like.