Rich in Protein
On top of the buckwheat, we have mashed sweet potatoes baked until golden, and then crispy cornflakes crumbs for topping. Bake for about 30 minutes, serve with vegan yogurt and fresh vegetables; tasty!
We have a gluten-free dish, rich in protein, which manipulates, in a good way, our taste buds and provides a solution for carb cravings.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out 😋❣️
- 1 cup green buckwheat sprouted and dried see the note at the bottom of the post
- 1 cup pecans or a mixture of walnuts and pecan
- 2 Tablespoon tahini or almond butter
- 2 Tablespoon water
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt, black pepper, chili flakes by taste
Sweet Potato Filling
- 3 Tablespoon cornflakes crumbs or bread sticks crumbs
- olive oil to spray/drizzle over the crumbs
- vegan yogurt mixed with minced garlic, oliveoil, salt and black pepper
- veggies, black olives
- Start by baking the sweet potatoes; in the meantime, make the buckwheat crust.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (392 F); Line a baking tray with baking paper and arrange the sweet potato slices on top. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with dried thyme and rosemary. Bake for 20-30 minutes until soft and nicely golden.
- Lower the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 F).
- Place green buckwheat and pecans in a food processor, and process until you get coarse crumbs. Add tahini, water, salt, and spices and process for a few seconds, until it forms a dough.
- Using your hands, line the bottom of a greased 9-Inch (24 cm) pie pan; There is no need to line the sides, only the base. Set aside and proceed to the sweet potato filling.
Sweet Potato Filling
- Transfer the baked sweet potatoes to a bowl and mash with a potato masher. Alternatively, you can mash the sweet potato in a food processor and transfer them to a bowl.
- Add almond milk, garlic, salt, pepper and chili powder and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Spread the sweet potato mixture over the buckwheat crust and flatten with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the cornflakes crumbs on top, drizzle or spray with olive oil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the crumbs are nicely golden.
- Serve with fresh vegetables and vegan yogurt seasoned with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Soak the buckwheat overnight
- Strain and rinse well
- Place one layer to sprout and dry on a tray or a large plate. After a few hours, the buckwheat will grow cute little curls.
- Leave the buckwheat on the tray to dry completely. It is essential to follow this step.
- Ready 🙂
- Tip: make a large amount, divide into bags (measuring one cup for each bag) and freeze.