Each recipe has its own birth story; I planned to add a Galette recipe to the blog and load it with a salad made of beet, pear, nuts, and cheese.
On the other hand, I wanted some break from wheat flour crusts.
But then, I remembered the buckwheat-pecan crust, so a decision was made: a Salad Quiche! So that’s how I got to create this nutritious, delicious recipe!
So what do we have here: crust made of pecan and sprouted green buckwheat; Layers of beet and pear slices topped with goat-style vegan cheese.
Delicious, filling, nutritious, and gluten-free😋
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out❣️
We have a quiche salad here: Crust made of sprouted green buckwheat and pecan; Layers of beet and pear topped with vegan goat-style cheese. Delicious, nutritious, vegan, and gluten-free❣️
8.66-Inches tart pan, greased 22 cm
About Four Mains / Six Starters
Buckwheat Pecan Crust
- 1 cup green buckwheat
- 1 cup pealed pecan or a mixture of pecan and walnuts
- 2 Tablespoon raw tahini or almond butter
- 2 Tablespoon water
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp Ras El Hannut optional
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp agave or maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt, ground black pepper by taste
- 4 small cooked beet you can get cooked beet in the supermarket
- ½ tsp lemon zest by taste, to sprinkle over beet
- 1-2 pears
- 1-2 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tsp of each: garlic powder, dried thyme
- salt, ground black pepper by taste
- ½-¾ pack vegan goat style cheese or almond feta cheese
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch or potato starch, diluted in two Tablespoon of water
- salt and pepper by taste
- roquette, green salad
- Soak the buckwheat overnight. The next day, filter and rinse well; Place on a tray in one layer for germination and drying. After a few hours, the buckwheat will germinate small curls. Please make sure the buckwheat is dry.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 F).
- In a high-speed food processor, grind dry buckwheat and pecans until you get coarse crumbs. Add tahini, water, lemon zest, salt, spices, and agave syrup, and process until a dough forms.
- Using your hands, line a greased tart pan with a diameter of 22 cm (8.66 -Inches; press the dough firmly to the base and sides.
- Slice the beets into 4-5 mm (0.2 inches) thick slices and place on top of the crust; brush the beets with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and sprinkle with lemon zest and dried thyme.
- Cut the pears in halves, remove the cores (no need to peel), slice them into 1 cm thick (0.4 inches), place the pears on the beet layer, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle salt pepper, and dried thyme.
- Slice the cheese about half a centimeter thick (0.2-inch), and cut each slice in half. Arrange the cheese slices between the pears (about one cheese slice between two pear slices); place 2-3 slices of cheese in the center of the pan. Brush with olive oil.
- Mix almond milk with salt, pepper, and diluted cornstarch, and gently pour over the filling.
- Place in the center of the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden. Remove and let cool for a few minutes on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle chopped rocket over the quiche and serve. You can accompany the dish with a green salad and wine.
Tip: Make a double amount of sprouted dried buckwheat – keep in the freezer in an airtight bag until use.
?Did you try this recipeMention @VGFoodStory or tag #vgfoodstory
Leave a Reply