“Plot twist!” exclaimed my colleague in surprise after the first bite when he encountered rosemary and ginger alongside a distinct passionfruit flavor.
So what do we have here: a passion fruit cake with a soft and moist texture, dotted with crunchy seeds that enhance the taste of the fruit, and a spiced nut mixture scattered along the center of the cake.
Hand on heart: it turns out that Passionflower is quite spoiled because it took me a few attempts to reach the destination.
But as in life, determination and persistence pay off, and at the end of the process, I got a fluffy, stable, and insanely delicious cake.
The cake is easy to make, and success is guaranteed if you follow the instructions!
Enjoy, and let me know how it turned out 😋❣️
RECIPEVegan Passion Fruit Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking power
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped or pecans
- 1 Tablespoon cane sugar
- ½ tsp Dried and crumbled rosemary leaves.
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Grease and flour a 22 cm X 10 cm mold – 8.6 inches X 3.9 inches (do this with a silicone pan as well).
- Heat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius – 320 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the filling ingredients in a small bowl: chopped nuts, cane sugar, rosemary, and ginger powder, and set aside.
- Sift flour into a bowl, add baking powder and salt and mix with a fork or whisk. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix well oil and sugar; Add vanilla extract and milk and mix well; add the passionfruit and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour to the batter and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer about a third of the batter to the pan and flatten.
- Sprinkle the nut mixture evenly over the batter.
- Add the rest of the batter and flatten with a spatula; if necessary, tilt the mold to cover the nut mixture.
- Place on the second lower level of the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Take out and place on a rack. Allow the cake to cool completely before removing it from the pan and serving.
- Leave it out of the freezer for a short time, or place it in the microwave for a few seconds (to make it easier to cut the fruit).
- Cut it in half.
- Use a spoon and enjoy.