In the savory section, we have a considerable collection of pistachio recipes such as the most delicious kebab in the world, gluten-free Moroccan cigars, pasta shells stuffed with pistachios in vegan blue cheese sauce, and broccoli quiche with pistachios.
In my opinion, the collection would not be complete without pasta in a rich pistachio sauce.
And which pasta is the most suitable to join this wonderful sauce? Fettuccine or Penne Rigatoni! Both will absorb this pistachio sauce well and make it super delicious.
Preparation is easy:
Fry onion and a touch of garlic, add roasted pistachio butter, almond milk, and spices, and mix well, cook until the sauce thickens. Add steamed carrot sticks, fettuccine, or penne rigatoni and mix well. Sprinkle roasted and chopped pistachios and grated vegan parmesan, and serve.
Makes four generous portions for starving people or six medium portions for mild hunger😋❣️
Enjoy, and let me know how it turned out😋
Makes Four to Six Servings
- 500 gram fettuccine or penne rigatoni
- 200 gram carrot cut into small sticks see the notes for cutting directions
- 2 Tablespoon oil
- pinch cardamom, allspice, black pepper, salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove a small clove of garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup roasted pistachio butter see the notes for a homemade version
- 2 cups almond milk or soy milk
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- pinch dried thyme
- salt, black pepper, chili flakes by taste
- ⅓-¼ cup roasted pistachio, chopped
- vegan parmesan
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package until al dente. Next, strain the liquid into a pot, add a teaspoon of olive oil to the pasta, and mix; This will prevent the pasta from sticking. Finally, place the colander with the pasta on the pot, cover, and keep aside. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok large enough to contain the pasta comfortably. Add the carrot sticks, salt, black pepper, allspice, and cardamom; Stir-fry for about five minutes on medium heat until the carrot softens and turns golden. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the chopped onion to the pan and fry until softened.Add garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add roasted pistachio butter and milk and mix well. Add nutritional yeast, thyme, salt, black pepper, and chili flakes and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and cook uncovered for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the carrot sticks; Add the fettuccine gradually* (see note) and mix well.
- Sprinkle with chopped roasted pistachios and grated vegan Parmesan cheese.
Leave a Reply