Cook the soy protein strips for 10 minutes according to the instructions, filter, let cool, squeeze well, then stir-fry in a wok until slightly golden. Add strips of cabbage, colored peppers and onions, carrot juliennes, and sauté for a few minutes. Feel free to add or omit veggies by choice.
Quickly prepare a peanut sauce that contains, among other things, soy sauce, hoisin, lemon juice, spices, and sauté for a minute or two. Serve with noodles or rice.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out 😋❣️
Stir-fried cabbage, onion, multi-color bell pepper, carrot, and soy protein strips mixed with peanut sauce. Serve with noodles or white rice.
- 2 Tablespoon canola oil
- 2 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup Dry beef-style soy protein strips cooked according to the instructions, strained, cooled, and squeezed well
- 1 Large red onion cut into four and sliced.
- ½ Red bell pepper cut into 0.4 cm (0.16-inch) stripes
- ½ Green bell pepper cut into 0.4 cm (0.16-inch) stripes
- ½ yellow or orange bell pepper cut into 0.4 cm (0.16-inch) stripes
- 3 cup cabbage cut into strips
- 1 cup carrot cup into juliennes
- 360 gram stir-fry ramen noodles 2 packs
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice by taste
- 2 Tablespoon peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- ⅛ tsp chili powder
- pinch chili flakes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- Edamame, roasted sesame seeds, roasted cashews, spring onion, cilantro
- Remove the noodles from the packages and place them in a bowl; Pour boiling water to cover and leave for about a minute; separate the noodles gently with a fork, strain and set aside.
- Put the soil in a small bowl, pour boiling water to cover. After about ten minutes, filter and remove the edamame from the pods. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a large skillet, add garlic and ginger and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the soy strips and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until slightly golden.
- Add onion and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes; add bell peppers and stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
- add cabbage and carrot and stir-fry for 2-3 minuets.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl, taste, adjust seasoning if necessary, and to the wok.
- Add the strained noodles to the wok, and stir-fry for a minute or two; Remove from heat.
- divide into bowls and garnish with edamame, spring onion, parsley, sesame and/or cashews
You can replace the noodles with white rice. You can replace the ready ramen noodles with other noodles of your choice.
?Did you try this recipeMention @VGFoodStory or tag #vgfoodstory
Leave a Reply