Sometimes, you crave a simple, straightforward food with basic ingredients and flavors. I’ve got you covered! This classic Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Dried Cherry Tomatoes is the perfect dish for you!
In my opinion, it’s essential to return, from time to time, to non-sophisticated dishes; It helps keep your taste glands fit!
So what do we have here: Slowly fry the thinly sliced garlic in olive oil, add cooked spaghetti, homemade Dried Cherry Tomatoes, chopped parsley and basil, and toasted pine nuts. Sprinkle vegan parmesan and plenty of ground black pepper.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out❣️
- 500 gram spaghetti
- 1 Tablespoon salt to cook the spaghetti
- 1 cup dried cherry tomatoes, various colors or more, by taste
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4-6 cloves thinly sliced garlic or more, by taste
- ½ cup cooked pasta water
- parsley leaves, chopped by taste
- basil leaves, chopped by taste
- 2-3 Tablespoon toasted pine nuts optional
- salt, pepper, chili flakes by taste
- vegan parmesan
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- According to the manufacturer's instructions, cook the spaghetti until they have an "al dente" texture. Strain and keep them warm * See the note at the bottom of the post.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat olive oil over medium heat, add the garlic cloves, reduce to heat, and fry until the garlic softens and is slightly golden. Don't let the garlic get brown.
- Lower to low heat; Add the cooked spaghetti, and mix well.
- Add salt to half a glass of the pasta water you saved earlier, mix well and add to the spaghetti.
- Add dried cherry tomatoes, chopped parsley and basil, toasted pine nuts, and ground black pepper. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Remove from the heat.
- Put pasta in a serving bowl, add grated vegan parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.