Summer, hot and humid again, who has the strength for long cooking?
I have got you covered with this perfect summer dish:
sweet potatoes and skinny pasta sautéed in Asian sauce!
Cook sweet potato cubes in salted water until they soften (but not too much), strain, and set aside.
Make an Asian-style sauce paste with peanut butter, tahini, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
Heat a little oil in a wok, fry crushed garlic cloves, saute sweet potatoes, add sauce and the contents of a skinny pasta package in the shape of fettuccine, saute for a few seconds and transfer to a serving bowl.
Garnish with green onion and roasted sesame seeds, and serve.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out ❣️😋
- 1 Peeled medium sweet potato, cut into cubes of about 2 cm (0.8 Inch)
- 1 pack Fettuccine Skinny Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- ½1-1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- ¼ tsp agave syrup or sugar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- sriracha or tabasco sauce optional, by taste
- toasted sesame, chopped green onion
- Fill a pot with salt water, add the sweet potato cubes, bring to a boil and cook until the sweet potatoes soften but not too much. Strain and set aside.
- Make the sauce: In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, vinegar, tahini, peanut butter, sesame oil, sriracha, and agave. If the mixture is too thick add a little water and mix. Set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a wok, add crushed garlic and fry for a few seconds until a wonderful smell spreads.
- Add the drained sweet potato cubes and sauté for about a minute.
- Add the sauce and the contents of Skinny Pasta pack (including the liquids). Saute for 2-3 minutes and remove from the heat. Taste and add soy sauce if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with roasted sesame seeds, chives or green onions and serve.