Cookies for me are paracetamol for the soul! An emergency tin box that provides immediate relief in a moment of crisis, usually in the afternoon, a moment when a sweet little treat becomes a must alongside coffee.
A small box of reasonable quality store-bought cookies costs a lot more than homemade cookies. However, you can easily make, for a significantly lower price delicious cookies without unknown “E” additives.
Besides, baking cookies is fun, an activity with immediate satisfaction – 15-minute in the oven – and the house is filled with a great smell of delicious cookies.
But if you already turn on the oven and roll up your sleeves – let it be worth every bite!
In addition to delicious crispy cookies, we want an interesting combination as well!
These cookies are delicious and addictive even without the chocolate coating. But it creates a delightful surprise in the mouth. Please consider preparing a double quantity.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out ❣️
- 1⅓ cup white spelt flour
- 100 grams vegan butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp vegan almond butter
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds chia seeds, or a mixture of both
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp water
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
White Chocolate Coating
- 100 gram vegan white chocolate chips
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- pinch salt
- Cut the cold butter into cubes, place the butter and the rest of the dough ingredients in a food processor with the plastic blade, and process until a dough is formed. If necessary, add water gradually.
- Place the dough on a work surface; Knead for about two minutes; Form a 'sausage' about 22 cm long (8.66 inches); wrap in cling film or baking paper and refrigerate for about an hour until the dough is very cold.
- preheat the oven 190 degrees Celsius (375 F).
- Slice into 4-5 mm thick slices – it is essential to work with very cold dough.
- Place the cookies on a baking tray; no need to grease the pan or line it with baking paper; Make sure to keep a distance of about 3 cm (about 1 inch) between the cookies because they will expand. If you bake the cookies in a standard oven pan – you will probably need two pans.
- Place in the center of the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes just until golden. If, after 10 minutes, a wonderful lemon scent spreads in the room – it's time to remove the cookies from the oven! It is essential to make sure that the cookies do not turn brown – although they will be delicious, they will lose their lemon flavor; Allow the cookies to cool completely before dipping them in the chocolate coating.
- Dip about 1/3 of the cookie into the chocolate coating, gently shake off the excess and place the cookie on a wire rack so that the part with the chocolate protrudes (see photo); Leave the cookies on the grid until the white chocolate hardens.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container out of sight and hope they will last at least one day 🙂
Vegan White Chocolate
- Put chocolate chips, coconut oil, and salt in a microwave bowl with a lid. Cook at 50% -60% power for about a minute; Remove and mix; Return for another half-minute – minute until the chocolate melts. Instead of a microwave, you can melt the chocolate on a double boiler.
- Instead of white chocolate, you can use dark chocolate – in this case, add one tablespoon of coconut oil (instead of half a tablespoon).If the chocolate coating has hardened – you can return it to the microwave (or double boiler) for a few seconds until it melts – remove and mix.
- The cookies are addictive even without the chocolate coating.
- The recipe is based on a recipe from Ruth Sirkis’ book “Cookies and Sweets.”
Leave a Reply