Just before the summer attacks brutally, take advantage of the pleasant weather and make soup! Because soup, ladies, and gentlemen, is an excellent starter for any meal! Something in soups warms the stomach and heart and connects the diners miraculously.
While shopping at the neighborhood supermarket, a small tray of broccoli florets winked at me – so I didn’t have the heart to leave it behind. Thanks to pairing the broccoli with green peas. I got a delicious soup. Go, make it -and in about half an hour you can enjoy it too
Enjoy, and let me know how it turned out 🥦🥦🥦🥦
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp organic vegetable powder optional
- 300 gram broccoli florets net weight, without thick stems
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- ¼ tsp thyme
- 1 cup oat milk almond or soy
- 2 Tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- Salt, ground black pepper, nutmeg by taste
- whole green peas, defrost in
- tiny broccoli florets raw, no need to cook
- grated vegan parmesan
- heat oil in a soup pot.
- Add onion, celery, and sauté until the onion is transparent and slightly soft.
- Add broccoli, green peas, water, and vegetable powder, bring to a boil, and cook at a gentle simmer for 10 minutes. The broccoli won't soften completely, and that's okay* see notes.
- Remove from the heat, grind the soup with a stick blender, add milk, nutritional yeast, and spices, and mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Heat the soup and serve it with peas, tiny broccoli florets (no need to cook), and grated vegan parmesan.