The combination of strawberry-banana-sour cream is a nostalgic childhood dessert for me.
Mom would slice strawberries and bananas, add sour cream, sugar, and a packet (or two) of vanilla sugar; She would allow the mixture to absorb the flavors and served it for dinner.
This dessert made of banana, strawberry, and sour cream was always welcome with shouts of joy from us kids. No matter how much we got, we always licked the plate nicely and went to bed happy.
As part of my search for ideas for the blog, I am often thrown into the period of my childhood where everything was simple, and nothing was taken for granted. And yet, despite the culinary limits of a new country taking its first steps, excellent dishes still emerged from it. One of them is this lovely dessert.
While working on the vegan version, I learned that a vegan Creme Fresh will take the dish to the next level, much closer to the original recipe. So intuitively, I mixed vegan sour cream and Separated Coconut Cream – and my eyes lit up; The result was a kind of hybrid between sour cream and whipped cream.
Go make it and allow yourself to lick the plate with this enchanting childhood dish.
Enjoy, and let me know how it turned out ❣️
Vegan Creme Fresh
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- ½ cup separated coconut cream
- strawberry for garnishing
- Put in a bowl strawberry, banana, chia seeds, vanilla powdered sugar, and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Mix vegan sour cream with separated coconut cream; Taste and add more coconut cream if necessary.
Assemble the dish
- Add the Creme Fresh to the fruit bowl and mix; Taste and add more vanilla sugar powder if necessary. Cover and let rest for a quarter to half an hour to absorb flavors.
- Transfer to bowls or dessert cups.
- Garnish each dish with a strawberry: cut slices from the pointed end to the side where the leaves are – but do not cut to the end; Gently open the slices like a paper fan and place it on the dish.