Recently, I have got a little romance with pears🙃 maybe because I got a big bag of pear cubes, which takes up precious space in my freezer? Either way, I became aware of their unique texture and felt like running experiments in my kitchen laboratory.
So I mixed almond milk, vinegar, and olive oil; added sugar, almond butter, vanilla extract, pear cubes, and chocolate chips; combined it with flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices; and transferred it to a mold and placed in the oven.
I got Soft and airy muffins that, together with the chunkiness of the pears and chocolate chips, created a perfect balance between taste and texture.
Enjoy, and let me know how it turned out 🍐😋❣
RECIPEVegan Pear Chocolate Chips Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 320 F (160 C)
- Grease a 12-socket muffin mold with olive oil or line it with paper or silicone cuffs* (see a note at the end of the recipe)
- Sift flour into a large bowl, add baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cardamom and mace. Mix with a whisk and set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk with apple cider vinegar; Add sugar, olive oil, almond butter and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add pear cubes and mix well, add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the greased muffin pan.
- Put in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Put the cake on a wire rack and let it cool completely before removing the muffins from the pan.