Sometimes you miss traditional, simple, and satisfying food. With no sophistication and no surprises. Like chicken salad, for example.
Now that better beef/chicken alternatives are on the market, it’s possible to satisfy the craving with no regret.
We combine cooked soy protein strips with jackfruit to get a meaty texture. Add chopped celery stick, green and purple onion, corn, dill, mayonnaise, mustard, and spices.
Mix well, taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary. Place in the fridge for a few hours to allow flavors to blend.
Put in a sandwich, serve as an appetizer, or part of a buffet.
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out😋❣️
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- chili flakes, black pepper, salt by taste
- Cook the soy protein strips according to the instructions on the package. Strain, allow to cool slightly, squeeze well from liquid, cut into about half a cm (0.2-Inch) cubes and transfer to a large bowl.
- Filter the jackfruit, separate the fibrous part from the hard part, and remove the seeds. Next, add the fibrous part to the bowl, mash the hard part with a fork or food processor and add it to the bowl.
- Add celery, spring onion, red onion, and corn.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and add to the salad. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Transfer to an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for several hours to absorb the flavors. Serve with a bagel, in a sandwich, or as an appetizer.