Rich in textures and flavors: Soba noodles, crunchy green beans, red bell pepper, and “shrimp” from Skinny Pasta, spiced with Kelp Powder. A nutritious and balanced meal!
It’s hard to miss in such a dish: soak the penne skinny pasta noodles in a marinade consisting of Kelp powder, sesame oil, garlic, and lemon; Meanwhile, cook the soba noodles, soak the frozen beans in boiling water, and cut the pepper into small cubes.
Finally, saute garlic, red bell pepper, green beans, marinated shrimps, and soba noodles.
Serve warm or cold with diced green cucumber, toasted sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, sriracha sauce, and a drizzle of Tahini. (consider doubling the quantities)
You can replace the skinny pasta with tofu cubes or Yuba wings (Bean Curd wings).
Enjoy and let me know how it turned out❣️
- 200 gram soba noodles
- 1 cup green beans, cut and frozen
- ½ red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoon canola / sunflower oil
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ tsp lemon zest optional
- 200 gram drained penne skinny pasta
- juice from half a lemon or by taste
- 1 Tablespoon dark sesame seed oil
- 2-3 Tablespoon soy sauce by taste, add gradually
- 1 cloves minced garlic
- ½ tsp agave syrup or sugar by taste
- 2 Tablespoon kelp powder or two nori sheets, crumbled
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- Chili flakes by taste
- ⅛ tsp annatto oil optional, see note
- 1 Tablespoon water
- toasted sesame seeds, or chopped peanuts
- green cucumber cubes
- dark sesame seed oil or tahini
- Marinated shrimp: Put in a bowl annatto oil, add a tablespoon of water, and mix. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, and lemon juice; add a clove of crushed garlic, agave, ground black pepper, and kelp powder; Mix well.
- Add the skinny pasta to the bowl; mix well with two spoons or your hands (wear gloves *). Set aside.
- Meanwhile: Cook the soba noodles according to the manufacturer's instructions, rinse with tap water, strain and set aside (with the noodles still inside the colander).
- Put the green beans in a bowl, pour boiling water until covered, cover with a lid and set aside.
- Chop the red pepper into small cubes of about 0.4 cm (0.16 Inches) and transfer to a bowl.
- Heat canola oil in a wok, add bell peppers and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Strain the beans, add them to the wok and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp with the marinade and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary (soy sauce, lemon juice).
- Add the cooked soba noodles (if it is difficult to separate them, put them with the colander under tap water for a second or two).
- Add lemon zest and sauté for two to three minutes. Remove from heat.
- Divide into bowls, add small cubes of green cucumber, sprinkle with roasted sesame or chopped peanuts, chopped chives, and a drizzle of raw tahini (or dark sesame oil) and sriracha sauce.
- Serve warm or cold
- Annatto oil gives the skinny pasta a nice color, similar to fried shrimp.
- Work with gloves when mixing the shrimp in the marinade by hand, or else the Annatto oil will stain your palms. However – the color will disappear after a few rinses.
- You can replace the skinny pasta with 200 grams of tofu cubes or 50 grams of dried Yuba wings (Bean Curd wings)soaked for five minutes in boiling water, rinsed, strained, squeezed, and cut in half.
Leave a Reply