Confit lovers – this soup is for you!
Disclosure: This soup is for those who are crazy about the smoky dominant taste of roasted garlic. Nevertheless, if you don’t belong in this group – you can still enjoy the dish – if you shorten the baking time of the garlic – only until it softens.
We start with cooking a whole cauliflower in salted water until it is semi-soft; Next, we transfer it to the oven together with garlic bulbs and sliced onion – drizzle a generous amount of olive oil, sprinkle some coarse salt and bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees Celcius until golden brown.
Set aside a few cloves of garlic for serving (and for a surprise in the mouth), and some roasted cauliflower florets.
Transfer to a saucepan, mash with a hand blender, add 3-5 cups of boiling water gradually until you reach the desired consistency – add salt, white pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Serve with roasted garlic, cauliflower florets that we kept aside, croutons, and vegan parmesan (because there is always room for parmesan – isn’t it?)
For a light meal – serve with crostini topped with chopped black olives.
- 1 medium cauliflour
- 2 garlic bulbs Peel only the upper outer shell – we want to keep the bulb as one piece
- 1 medium onion cut to four
- olive oil to drizzle on the vegetables
- 3-4 cups boiling water
- salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste
- Roasted garlic cloves, roasted cauliflower florets, toasted baguette, chopped black olives, croutons, vegan parmesan, chili flakes, chives for your choice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cook the whole cauliflower in boiling salted water for about 10-15 minutes, until it is half cooked (no more!)
- Line a baking pan with baking paper and place the half-cooked cauliflower on top; place the onion slices and garlic heads around the cauliflower.
- Drizzle olive oil on the vegetables and sprinkle them with coarse salt.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees Celcius until the vegetables are nicely golden-browned. If you do not want an intense taste of garlic – remove the garlic bulbs from the oven after about 10-15 minutes, when they are soft.
- Set aside for garnishing some cauliflower florets and roasted garlic cloves.
- Transfer everything – including the juices to a deep soup pot, add spices and 2 cups of boiling water. Mash with a rod blender; Add boiling water gradually until you get the desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Pour into soup bowls, garnish with roasted garlic and cauliflower florets you set aside. Serve with croutons and vegan parmesan , chili flakes, chives. For a light meal, serve with crostini topped with chopped black olives. Enjoy ❤️
Leave a Reply