Easy Microwave Rice
This recipe always succeeds with precise instructions; Funny how simple it is 😁 up to fifteen minutes- and you're set! You can cook the rice while preparing the main course, and you can serve it as a meal by adding tofu, green peas, corn, or carrots.
- 1 cup Jasmine or basmati rice
- ¾1 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- toasted almonds or pine nuts
Rinse the rice well until the water is clear without starch. Alternatively, you can soak the rice in cold water for about half an hour, rinse and strain.
Put the rice in a microwave cooking pot (with a lid with holes).
Add boiling water, salt, oil and lemon juice and mix well.
Cover with the lid (make sure the holes stay open)
12-15 minutes in high power micro (depending on your microwave power).
Open carefully (hot steam!), stir the rice with a fork or two. Transfer to a bowl and garnish with toasted almonds or pine nuts.
- You can add to the rice, along with the boiling water, a handful of frozen peas, corn, or carrots.
- For Indian-style rice, you can add one teaspoon of curry powder along with the boiling water.
- You can add to the prepared rice tofu cubes brushed in oil and seared on a pan.