Yellow Bell Pepper Cream Soup
Another gem from Italian cuisine; Minimum ingredients - maximum flavor. Unlike the traditional recipe, there is no need to strain the soup through a sieve; with the help of a rod blender, you get a brightly colored, thick, and velvety soup from the pot directly to the plate; So simple and yet delicious!
- 4-5 Yellow bell pepper washed, without seeds, cut into medium-sized cub For a more intense yellow color - you can combine with one orange bell pepper
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pealed and sliced
- 1 large potato pealed and cut into dice
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp bouillon powder optional
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Croutons, chopped chives, chili flakes, vegan sour cream, or vegan yogurt
Heat oil in a deep pot, add the onion, and fry until the onion softens.
Add the garlic and fry for a few seconds.
Add bell pepper and potatoes and fry for about a minute while stirring.
Add boiling water and seasoning, mix and bring to a boil.
Lower the heat, cover, and cook for half an hour until the pepper and potatoes are softened.
Grind with a rod blender until smooth.
Pour into bowls, garnish with croutons, chopped chives, chili flakes, vegan sour cream, or vegan yogurt.